5 Rides to Do with Your Dad
In honor of Father's Day, we've rounded up some top rides to do with your dad. Or if you're the bike-loving father, then feel free to use this post to drop a hint to your family. Either way, Father's Day is the perfect time of year to spend time with your family on two wheels.
- Honor our Troops: From Ride 2 Recovery's Honor Ride series to the Wounded Warrior Project, it's incredible to see so much support for our Nation's veterans. The Madison Honor Ride just happened to fall the day before Father's Day this year and it couldn't have worked out any better.
The Dane County Honor Ride is a fun-filled family event that often falls around Father's Day each year.
- Ride for a Cause: Many charities use events like bike rides or running events to raise money and awareness for their cause. And sometimes the best motivation to get out and ride has to do with more than just burning calories. Get out, ride and bond at events like Bike MS, Tour de Cure and more.
Riding is a family affair for International Sales Director, Clayton.
- Get Local: Chances are you won't need to travel for your next big adventure together. For cyclists who are just starting out or looking to avoid car traffic, local bike paths are just the ticket. Explore your local area trails with the help of services like Rails-to-Trails, US Bicycle Route System and RideWithGPS.
The father of our design engineer intern, Wilson, on Madeline Island bike ride.
- Destined for Fun: Pick a destination and bike your drive. Perhaps it's a new restaurant, ice cream shop or brewery. Or maybe you're looking forward to getting rad on some local trails. Whatever the destination, remember to take in the scenery and enjoy the journey. After all, you can't go wrong when you arrive together by bike.
PowerTap Engineer, Jeff, and his two kids hit up the family friendly MTB trails in the Madison area.
- Tour by Bike: For the more advanced riders, bike touring is a great way to spend quality time together. Saris Test Engineer, Todd, went with his wife and father-in-law and toured Ireland last summer. Other fun and noteworthy tours in the USA include RAGBRAI and Wisconsin's own SAGBRAW. Learn more about Bike Touring.
BONUS: For the super advanced riders, consider a challenge-type ride. We're talking single or double centuries - VeloNews has some inspiration. Or take a note from Saris Parking Sales Manager, Jereme, who is doing the Triple By-Pass with his dad this summer.
Todd and his father-in-law on their Ireland bike tour.
Happy Father's Day!