Freedom EX 2-Bike
The Freedom EX can securely carry two bikes, up to 60 lb each, and accommodates bikes with tires up to 4 inches wide.
"Float Like a Butterfly, Sting Like a Bee"
World-famous boxer Muhummad Ali may not have thought his famous saying would apply to a bike rack, but trust us – this platform rack packs a punch. Weighing in at a feathery 27 lb, the Freedom EX can securely carry two bikes, up to 60 lb each, and can easily accommodate electric bikes as well as rigs with tires up to 4 inches wide.
How’d we pull that off? No sucker punches here. It all comes down to the sturdy, Midwest-made raw materials built on a single bar. The result is a sleek, minimalistic design that sports maximum hauling capacity and an easy-to-maneuver footprint. Plus, the Freedom EX 2-bike tilts away even when fully loaded with bikes. Talk about a knockout.
- Versatility is its middle name. Carries the widest variety of bike combinations.
- Lightest tilting 2-bike hitch rack around, 27 lb total weight, thanks to compact, single-bar design.
- Hauling machine. Can transport 2 bikes, up to 60 lb each, and wheelbases up to 50".
- Open Sesame! Tilting feature allows hatch access, even when fully loaded.
- Features locks and reflectors for extra security and visibility, day and night.
Prop 65 WARNING for California residents: Learn More
- Carries 2 bikes, up to 60 lb/each.
- This rack fits a wheelbase of up to 50". If your bike has a longer wheelbase, you will need our long wheelbase bar.
- For use with tires wider than 4", add the Fat Tire Wheel Holders.
- Platform style hitch rack
- Wheel trays with straps plus a Cuscino encased down-tube cradle securely holds bikes.
- Sleek, compact and lightweight build transports two bikes on a single bar.
- Accommodating bike space and design fits nearly every type and combination of bicycle, including those with fenders, mountain bikes, eBikes, balance bikes and unicycles.
- Locking cable secures bikes to the rack.
- Locking hitch pin secures rack to the car.
- Tilting feature allows access to rear of vehicle, even when fully loaded, and folds up when not in use.
- Reflectors on outside wheel trays ensure extra visibility in low light.
- Built and tested to outlive the elements.
- Universal hitch works with 1¼" and 2" hitch receivers.
- Universal wheel trays accommodate a wide variety of bikes and wheel sizes (up to 4" tires).
- Branded decals that are sleek, discrete and reflective.
- Rack weight: 27 lb
Compare Platform Hitch Racks
|All-Star 2-Bike||Freedom 2-Bike||Freedom EX 2-Bike||Freedom 4-Bike||SuperClamp EX 2-Bike||SuperClamp EX 4-Bike||SuperClamp EX 2-Bike + Cargo||MTR 1-Bike||MTR 2-Bike|
|Maximum Load||90 lb (45 lb per bike)||120 lb (60 lb per bike)||120 lb (60 lb per bike)||190 lb||120 lb (60 lb per bike)||190 lb||Cargo - 120 lb, Bikes - 70 lb (35 lb per bike)||60 lb||120 lb (60 lb per bike)|
|Bike Rack Weight||21 lb||21 lb||27 lb||53 lb||35 lb||63 lb||80 lb||35 lb||59 lb|
|Bike and Tire Fit||Up to 29" wheels; up to 3" tires||Up to 29" wheels; up to 2.5" tires||Up to 29" wheels; up to 3" tires||Up to 29" wheels; up to 2.5" tires||20"-29" wheels; up to 4" tires||20"-29" wheels; up to 4" tires||20"-29" wheels; up to 4" tires||20"-29" wheels; up to 5" tires||20"-29" wheels; up to 5" tires|
|No Frame Contact|
|Bike to Rack Connection||Wheel tray with straps + top tube hook||Wheel tray with straps + top tube hook||Wheel tray with straps + top tube hook||Wheel tray with straps + top tube hook||Top of both wheels||Top of both wheels||Top of both wheels||Top of both wheels||Top of both wheels|
|Hitch Receiver Size||1 1/4" or 2"||1 1/4" or 2"||1 1/4" or 2"||2"||1 1/4" or 2"||2"||2"||1 1/4" or 2"||2"|
|Folds When Not in Use|
|Hatch Access||When not loaded||When not loaded|
|Expandable||Yes (1 or 2-bike add-on)||Yes (1 or 2-bike add-on)|
|Carries Cargo||Yes (Cargo Accessory)||Yes (Cargo Accessory)|
|Assembled in Box||When not loaded||When not loaded|
View our Product Warranty page for more information about the Freedom EX 2-Bike warranty.