MTR 1-Bike Rack
A one-bike platform hitch rack that lets you send it solo or add-on trays to bring your whole crew.
Allow 7 days before shipment
Send it Solo or Bring Your Crew
Choose your own adventure with the MTR 1-bike hitch rack. Whether you’re feeling me-time or party time, the MTR can adjust for any occasion. The secret is in the MTR’s modular design (after all, MTR stands for “Modular Tray Rack”). Simply add or remove trays to securely haul between one and three bikes to wherever the trail may lead.
When you’re ready to hit the road, feel free to take the scenic route. Rugged enough to handle the harshest of environments, the MTR is built with American-made steel and aluminum. Complete with versatile and sleek nesting trays with dual-arm wheel holders, the MTR can carry nearly any rig – from Junior’s MTB to downhill to your favorite eBike – securely, in style and without ever coming into contact with your bike’s frame.
The Saris MTR also available in a 2-Bike version.
- Modular: carries 1 bike, up to 60 lbs, and can be customized with Add-On to transport up to three bikes.
- Pivot Away: unique wheel trays pivot and nest for easy loading and compact storage.
- Dual-arm holders are compatible with a wide range of tire sizes and never touch the bike's frame.
- Full Tilt: tilting feature allows easy hatch access without removing bikes.
- Complete Integrated Security: locks the rack to the car and the bikes to the rack.
- Tray-style hitch bike rack.
- Carries 1 bike, up to 60 lb.
- Customizable to carry more bikes with 1-Bike Add-On and 2-Bike Add-On
- No assembly needed.
- Tool-free installation.
- Rack weight: 35 lb
- Adjustable wheel block to accommodate wheel sizes from 20 inches up to 29 inches and tire sizes as wide as 5 inches.
- Easily folds up when not in use.
- Integrated locking cable secures bikes to the rack.
- Locking hitch pin secures rack to the car.
- Accommodates wheel bases up to 53 inches.
- Universal hitch: fits 1 ¼” and 2” hitches out of the box.
- Constructed from American-made aluminum and steel, and tested to outlive the elements.
Compare Platform Hitch Racks
|All-Star 2-Bike||Freedom 2-Bike||Freedom EX 2-Bike||Freedom 4-Bike||SuperClamp EX 2-Bike||SuperClamp EX 4-Bike||SuperClamp EX 2-Bike + Cargo||MTR 1-Bike||MTR 2-Bike|
|Maximum Load||90 lb (45 lb per bike)||120 lb (60 lb per bike)||120 lb (60 lb per bike)||190 lb||120 lb (60 lb per bike)||190 lb||Cargo - 120 lb, Bikes - 70 lb (35 lb per bike)||60 lb||120 lb (60 lb per bike)|
|Bike Rack Weight||21 lb||21 lb||27 lb||53 lb||35 lb||63 lb||80 lb||35 lb||59 lb|
|Bike and Tire Fit||Up to 29" wheels; up to 3" tires||Up to 29" wheels; up to 2.5" tires||Up to 29" wheels; up to 3" tires||Up to 29" wheels; up to 2.5" tires||20"-29" wheels; up to 4" tires||20"-29" wheels; up to 4" tires||20"-29" wheels; up to 4" tires||20"-29" wheels; up to 5" tires||20"-29" wheels; up to 5" tires|
|No Frame Contact|
|Bike to Rack Connection||Wheel tray with straps + top tube hook||Wheel tray with straps + top tube hook||Wheel tray with straps + top tube hook||Wheel tray with straps + top tube hook||Top of both wheels||Top of both wheels||Top of both wheels||Top of both wheels||Top of both wheels|
|Hitch Receiver Size||1 1/4" or 2"||1 1/4" or 2"||1 1/4" or 2"||2"||1 1/4" or 2"||2"||2"||1 1/4" or 2"||2"|
|Folds When Not in Use|
|Hatch Access||When not loaded||When not loaded|
|Expandable||Yes (1 or 2-bike add-on)||Yes (1 or 2-bike add-on)|
|Carries Cargo||Yes (Cargo Accessory)||Yes (Cargo Accessory)|
|Assembled in Box||When not loaded||When not loaded|
Lifetime Warranty and Details
View our Product Warranty page for more information about the MTR 1-Bike Rack warranty.