BIKE TRAINER FIRMWARE
Firmware | Rouvy
Update your Firmware through Rouvy
Since over-the-air (OTA) capabilities are done exclusively via Bluetooth, the Saris H3 & M2, CycleOps H2, Hammer, M2 and Magnus trainers can be updated from Rouvy. While no subscription is needed to download the Rouvy desktop application, nor is one needed to update any firmware, a BlueGiga dongle and free Rouvy account are required to complete the update.
Why BlueGiga? We went this route because the Windows native Bluetooth integration is difficult to use and does not provide our customers with an easy-to-use, plug-and-play experience. Even if your PC sports Bluetooth integration, you will require the use of a BlueGiga dongle to perform updates as the dongle allows you to stay within the Rouvy application for the entire update processes and is far superior to the options that involved native Bluetooth.
Below are step-by-step instructions for how to update your Saris or CycleOps smart bike trainer:
- Open the Rouvy Application.
If you do not currently have the Rouvy desktop application, you can sign up for a free account and download it here.
- Plug in the USB BlueGiga dongle to your computer.
- Select Settings.
- Select the Trainer & Sensors tab.
- Turn on "Use BlueGiga Dongle instead of the integrated Windows 10 Bluetooth Manager."
- Select Select Trainer and choose the CycleOps / Saris trainer that you want to update.
- Select the sensor you want to update in the Trainer & Sensors tab by clicking on the trainer's name once it’s shown as connected.
- Select Check firmware.
- Click on the Update Firmware button.
- Sit back and watch the magic happen.
** Please note that the Hammer and Magnus have sleep timers, so be sure that your trainer has not fallen asleep by giving it a spin and ensuring its blue indicator light is blinking prior to starting the update.
For further questions regarding the firmware update process please contact our Customer Support Team.