Firmware on the H3, H2, M2, Hammer and Magnus can be updated wirelessly when new firmware releases are available. To enjoy the full capabilities of the smart trainers, including ongoing enhancements and Over-the-Air firmware updates you must download the Saris App from the Apple App Store or Android Play.
Please note that Saris Smart Trainers have sleep timers, so be sure that your trainer has not fallen asleep by unplugging and plugging it back in or giving it a spin and ensuring its green indicator light is blinking prior to starting the update.
For further questions regarding the firmware update process please contact our Customer Support Team. See below for information on the in-app Troubleshooting Checklist.
1. Open the Saris App and select "Update Firmware"
2. A device scan will begin. To be found by the Saris app, your trainer must be plugged in and awake, as indicated by a flashing light within the trainer.
3. Once the trainer is found, it will show in the Device list. Tap on the trainer name to check for available updates.
4. If new firmware is available, an "Update Firmware" button will appear, along with release notes. To begin update, select "Update Firmware".
5. Select "Update Firmware" to begin update. Once selected, the updates will be applied automatically. Note: do not unplug the trainer or force quit the app as this may cause the firmware update to fail.
1. Open the Saris App and select "Troubleshoot".
2. Troubleshoot checkup will start automatically. Do not unplug the trainer or quit the app while the checkup runs as it cannot be completed if you do so.
3. Once the checkup is complete, follow recommendations to address issues marked with an "X".
Know No Bounds
Stay up on the latest from Saris HQ, including product news and inspiration on how to ride without limits.