Lifetime Warranty and Details
Official Warranty Terms
Saris Cycling Group, Inc (SCG), parent company of Saris Racks, warrants our product to the original consumer to be free from defects in materials and workmanship. Please retain your sales slip for your records, as proof of purchase will be required.
Car Racks: As long as original owner owns product.
Home storage/bike storage: as long as original owner owns product
Kool Rack: 1 year.
Parking Racks: 1 year.
Note: No damage to mounting surfaces is covered.
Any product or part thereof found to be defective within the term as set forth above will be replaced without charge provided that: (1) its failure resulted from a defect in material or workmanship and not from normal wear and tear expected in the use of the product; (2) the product was not misused, improperly assembled, improperly maintained or damaged by accident; (3) there was no failure to follow instructions or warnings in Owner's Manual; (4) no alterations or modifications were made; and (5) the product or part is delivered, freight prepaid, to Saris Cycling Group or an authorized service center. Please call 1-800-783-7257 to obtain return authorization prior to return. SCG reserves the right to inspect any product before issuing a replacement. SCG's only obligation shall be to replace such products or parts that it determines are defective.
The foregoing warranties are in lieu of and exclude all other warranties not expressly set forth herein, whether expressed or implied by operation of law or otherwise. Other than as set forth above, SCG makes no warranty, whether express, implied or statutory, with respect to any product, including, but not limited to, warranties of reliability, merchantability fitness for a particular purpose, or those arising from any course of performance, dealing, usage or trade. SCG shall not be liable for incidental or consequential losses, damages or expenses in connection with its products. SCG's liability hereunder is expressly limited to the replacement of goods not complying with this warranty or, at SCG's election, to the repayment of an amount of the purchase price of the product in question. Some states do not permit the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties or incidental or consequential damages, so the preceding limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
- If consumer does not heed cautions listed in Instruction Manual, damage is not covered under warranty
- Impact/collision damage is not covered under warranty
- Cradles and strap damage due to improper arm placement are not covered under warranty
- Carrying anything other than a bicycle is not covered under warranty
- Rust is wear and tear and is preventable with rack maintenance
- Weather impact (UV, salt air/water)
Recommended Rack Maintenance
- Wipe down trunk rack feet
- Check straps for signs of wear
- Check bike cradles and wheel scoops
- Check for loose bolts
Every 90 days actions:
- Clean with water and mild soap
- Lubricate locks if applicable (use wet, oil based lubricant; NO WD-40)
- Grease hitch bolt threads
- Check for scratches in paint
Lifetime warranty available in North America only.
Contact Us for more information.